A Cajun twist to your traditional stuffing.
- 12 ounces 1/2 slices Saag’s® Cajun Andouille Sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 ounces whole almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups bread stuffing
- In a large skillet, heat up butter and sauté the garlic, onions, celery, green peppers until cooked.
- Add chopped Andouille Sausage. Sauté for 5 minutes
- Add Chicken Stock. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add bread stuffing and almonds, and stir.
- Add to a greased 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Bake in 375F oven for 45 minutes uncovered. Stir after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Pairs well with a Pinot Noir or a Gewurztraminer.