An easy, fun recipe idea with only a few ingredients, to feed a large crowd.
- 4 Saag’s® Chicken Bratwurst
- 4 Saag’s® Swiss Bockwurst
- 4 Saag’s® Cajun Andouille Sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 yellow onion julienne slice
- 2 red bell pepper julienne slice
- 2 yellow bell pepper julienne slice
- 1/4 cup garlic chopped
- 3 bottles pilsner beer
- 4 ounces 1 stick butter
- 12 hot dog buns
- In a heavy bottom pot on medium heat cook the onions and peppers in the oil for 5-10 minutes or until very tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook until well caramelized. Add the beer and butter, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While onion mixture simmers, score the sausages by making shallow slices, about an inch apart across them.
- Grill the sausages over medium heat for about 5 minutes then place them in the pot with the onions and beer.
- Serve the brats in a lightly toasted hot dog bun, with some of the onion and pepper mixture over the top.
Pairs with a Pilsner or Hefeweizen beer.