A traditional Spanish favorite enhanced with a variety of quality sausages.
- 4 Saag’s® Polish Sausage
- 4 Saag’s® Cracked Pepper Basil Sausage
- 4 Saag’s® Louisiana Hot Links
- 6 chicken thighs Grilled
- 1 large yellow onion small dice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 red pepper halved, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper halved, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Pimenton Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 2 cups medium grain paella rice
- 1 cup green pitted olives
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces Italian parsley chopped for garnish
- Heat paella pan on a hot grill. When the pan is hot, sweat the onions, peppers and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Add wine, pimentón and the saffron. Cook down until almost dry.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. (Adding the rice to the hot stock is better than adding the rice first). After the rice comes up to a simmer move the grill up a little or the pan to a slightly less direct heat place on the grill.
- Add the sausage and Chicken cook for a few minutes. ( You can pre grill the Sausage and Chicken if you would like a grill flavor. )
- Sprinkle the olives on top and arrange the Sausage and Chicken , and push any of the rice on the edge down into the liquid. Allow to cook uncovered undisturbed for 20-30 minutes. The paella should cook for about 5-10 minutes longer after all the broth is absorbed so the paella can get its signature crust on the bottom. Then let it rest for a couple of minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Pair with a Rioja or an Amber ale.