This nostalgic classic dish is always a crowd-pleaser, from your kids to your guests.
- 12 oz Saag’s® Traditional Franks 1/2 inch slices
- 12 oz macaroni pasta elbow or penne
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh chives sliced finely
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish with butter. Set aside.
- Boil water and cook pasta. Set aside.
- Cut Franks into 1/2 slices. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat. Once melted add flour and stir constantly for 4 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- With a whisk, add the milk a little at a time until well blended. Whisking constantly, cook out for 10 to 15 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat add cheddar cheese, and parmesan and whisk until melted.
- Add sauce to the pasta, franks, chivies and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix well. Pour into casserole and bake for about 25 minutes until lightly brown.
Pairs with a pinot noir or a nutty brown ale