This meat, cheese and olive-loaded loaf is delicious, cold or baked.
- 1 loaf Foccaccia or Other Italian wide loaf.
- 1/2 lb Saag’s® Pastrami
- 1/2 lb Butter Basted Saag’s® Turkey Breast
- 1/2 lb Saag’s® Thuringer
- 1/2 lb Saag’s® Black Forest Ham
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb olive tapenade
- Cut the bread in half (if using round bread, cut in half and remove some of the bread in the center with your fingers).
- Spread both sides of the bread with generous amounts of your olive spread.
- When spreading on the bottom layer avoid spooning too much liquid onto the bread as it will soak down and become soggy.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet. Layer the bottom with pastrami, turkey breast, then provolone, then ham and salami, then mozzarella. Carefully flip the other side of the bread with the smeared olive spread over meat and cheese. Of course, you can do this in any order you want!
- Place in pre-heated 325F oven for 25 minutes to heat up the cheese and meats.
- Cut into wedges
Pair with a full-bodied beer, IPA, or pale ale.