Fill up the whole family with this German twist on an Italian dish.
- 1 (12-ounce) package Saag’s® Natural Chicken Bratwurst
- 1 (16-ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat grill to 400°F.
- Soak 2 wooden skewers in water. Thread tomatoes onto skewer.
- Slice sausages length-wise and grill 5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Slice into 1-1 ½ inch slices.
- Grill tomatoes 5-7 minutes or until blistered.
- Remove tomatoes from skewers. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Stir in olive oil, mascarpone cheese, tomatoes, sausage and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Pairs well with a glass of Pinot Noir or a Porter.