Throw your favorite sausage and toppings on this homemade dough for a new dynamic pizza crust.
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 3 cups bread flour – Italian XXX flour recommended
- 1 1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1 3/4 cups water 90 degrees
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 package (12-ounce) Saag’s® Louisiana Hot Links chopped
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella
- Heat water to 80˚ F, add yeast and wait 5 minutes to be sure it is activated (foamed).
- Add the oil into the yeast water, and mix with a spoon or whisk.
- In a kitchen mixer with a dough hook, (or by hand), mix the flours and salt for one minute, then slowly add liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and mix on lowest speed for 10 minutes, until a single dough ball forms.
- Allow dough ball to rest for 20 to 30 minutes in the bowl covered by a damp kitchen towel.
- Divide dough into four equal parts, and form into tight dough balls.
- Place the dough balls in individual containers each with a lid. Immediately place dough in the refrigerator and allow to slow proof for at least 12 hours. (Dough can then be used for the next several days).
- When ready to make pizza, spread dough on lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with cornmeal.
- Top with chopped Louisiana Hot Sausage, sliced peppers, mozzarella and any other of your favorite toppings. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove, let pizza sit for 5 minutes, cut and serve.
Pairs well with a Cabernet or an IPA